In Case of Emergency, Call 9-1-1
1. Administrative Charges: Administrative charges for search, retrieval, and other direct administrative costs not to exceed the salary of the lowest paid full-time employee who, in the discretion of the custodian of the records, has the necessary skill and training to perform the request. Administrative charges shall be no less than $11.50 per hour.
2. Ordinances: City Code Available Online
Zoning Ordinance: $20.00
3. Certified Copies:$1.50/page and/or document
4. Copy of Public Records: $0.25/per page
5. CD’s: $5.00 per CD plus administrative charges if applicable
6. Recordings Copied to Flash Drive: No charge for first fifteen minutes (customer must provide flash drive) (administrative charges will apply for anything after the first fifteen minutes.)
7. Photographs: Actual Reproduction costs and administrative costs (if applicable) will be charged.
8. Research Time: First 15 minutes at no cost pursuant to State Law. Administrative Charges apply thereafter.
9. Inspection of Records: Public documents are available for review and inspection at no charge to the requestor unless the following conditions apply:
a) The custodian of the records has to conduct a search and retrieval of the records out of storage for which the administrative charges will be charged to the requestor (minus the first 15 minutes);
b) Copies are requested – then administrative and copy charges will apply (if applicable);
c) The document can only be found on a city employee’s computer– if that is the case, the document will have to be printed (and/or redacted if applicable) and copy and administrative charges will apply. The general public is restricted from access to City computers.
10. Emailing of Documents
The custodian of records may email a document(s) to a requestor at no charge if the following conditions apply:
a) The document is an electronic document that can be retrieved within the first 15 minutes;
b) The document does not have to be redacted and copied before it can be emailed;
c) The document is not an exempt document under the open records act for public disclosure;
d) And the document size does not exceed the allowable size for emailing.
1985 Kennesaw Ave.
Nelson, GA 30151
PO Box 100
Nelson, GA 30151
9am - 4pm Monday thru Friday
Since February 14, 2011
Copyright 2021 City of Nelson Georgia. All Rights Reserved.